Friday, April 10, 2009

checked in

we made it through security, heavy checked bags and all. we are so proud of ourselves and our packing abilities. in college my days, my dad used to somehow fit nearly my entire apartment in a suburban because he knew exactly how to strategically pack. he taught me right, so i applied the same logic to our suitcases for our 5.5 weeks adventure. we cleared (barely) the weight restrictions and are now sitting at starbucks enjoying our last latte for a few weeks. that is going to be an interesting withdrawal for me. a new baby and no lattes. hopefully there is a lot of vodka or rum.

we are sitting here with our new friend, one of our travel mates. we're having a great time already.

-K

3 comments:

McGrath said...

I can't believe we keep missing each other. We are thinking of you. Tomorrow at 6:00pm, we will drink a toast to you and baby Esme. Hopefully, she will be in your arms. We need pictures as soon as you get them.

Love and hugs
Laurie-Dennis-Mia-Maz

stollmyheart said...

well????? did you meet her yet? i'm totally dying over here :) hope all is well!

hugs!

Anonymous said...

So glad you used Pops' packing strategy and it worked well for you guys. I am sure he is very proud of you! You just have no idea how hard it is to #1 not be there with you guys and #2 not even be able to call or text you to find out if you were able to meet Esme'. I need a photo desperately... you just have no idea! Haley sang last night at Good Friday service at church and the whole time I was just thinking and praying for you and your family. What a true blessing Esme' is to all of us... a gift beyond words! It is all I talked about at the Uptown last night... Lisa Paulson even had saved Esme's photo on her phone so she was showing everyone. What a lucky girl... she's got so many people that love her already even up here in little Wadena. I hope you can feel my thoughts and prayers. And, it will be a challenge to live without Starbucks but you'll be living on love (and maybe a few cocktails!) I love you to Hawaii and Back!(That is Cohen's saying to Joanne) Biz. (the anxious auntie)