Thursday, April 9, 2009

made it part way....

we landed in honolulu yesterday afternoon at 3pm. I ended up never going to bed tuesday night, and matt got only a couple hour catnap. we just had so many things to finish up. we were pretty excited to be in first class for the long flight from msp to hawaii. we started our adventure with mai tai's as soon as we sat down.

typical for me, i never did fall asleep on the flight. once we landed we got to our hotel around 5pm honolulu time, 10pm to us. so we decided we'd lay down for a just a little while and grab a dinner later. but we slept until the next morning... a much needed night of sleep after many days of very little.

we're staying on waikiki beach, so today we walked a lot. walked the beach, did some shopping, and had some great meals. we're calling it a night soon, to be ready for the cab showing up at 4:30AM to get us to the airport for our last part of our trip. this will be a big weekend. we should meet Esme tomorrow* or sunday. (*the flight from honolulu to RMI is only 5 hours, but crosses the dateline so our friday will be a short one. it will be saturday when we arrive).

court is set for monday morning at 11:00am (which will be easter sunday at home-6:00pmCST) where she will legal become ours. we hope to get online that day to give an update and post photos.

-K

4 comments:

LaLa said...

I am soooo excited for you guys. I have kept you in my thoughts and prayers and am so happy it is all working out as it should. Can't wait to see her sweet face and hear more about her.

The Loux Family said...

Oh WOW Matt and Kate! I'm so excited for you all! That's amazing that your court date is on Monday and you will pretty much just have landed there on island. That's great news!
I can't wait to hear you blog about your big landing on island. When the plane first flies down toward the island to land, it looks like you are literally going to land in the ocean. It'a trip! Please feel free to email me if you need anything. My brother is in Austrailia right now and my sister-in-law is at her brother's wedding in Tennessee. We know tons of people on island though, so, if you hit a snag with anything just let me know and we'll do what we can to help from here! Glad you had a relaxing flight to Hawaii. I hope you got to go to the International Market Place in Waikiki. You may not have had enough time. Be sure to go there if you can squeeze it in on your trip back from the Marshalls.

God bless you guys! We'll be praying that all goes smoothly!

I can't wait to see a picture of your new little one!

Hugs,

Renee' Loux

Anonymous said...

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!
It's REALLY happening!!

I look forward to "riding" along with you via your blog!

You're in my constant thoughts!
Love you!

Sheryl "Shirley K"

Unknown said...

Quite the Easter blessing. So excited for you! Thanks for sharing your journey. Hugs!