Saturday, April 11, 2009

we've arrived

We are here in the RMI. We were happy that all of our bags arrived safely as well.

I sat a couple of rows in front of Kate, where she ended up sitting next to our new friend, Cathy. I could hear them talking and laughing nearly the entire 5 hour flight. By the time we went to dinner I realized they had covered info on each other from their births through last Wednesday. It's great to have already met people we connect so well with.

We got off the plane and it was sunny and very hot. Our driver took us to our hotel and we got settled.

About an hour or so later we were able to meet Esme. We spent about 2 hours together where she ate and was awake the entire time. We will see her again today, and then tomorrow morning we will finalize everything in court and she'll be with us from that point.

Right now we are trying to get online and find the best way to stay connected with everyone. We are using the hotels computer right now and we will get connected with our laptop later today when we can download photos and give you all the details.

We are just getting the feel of the island, but have already met great people and got some good rest last night.

We just wanted to let everyone know that we arrived safe and sound and we'll get the rest of the details up later today when we can get online longer.

-M

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... so glad you got there safely, met a new friend, and already spent time with Esme! I am so anxious for more details about her... and photos. I am loving the daily blogs. Thank you. It makes me feel so good to see an update!
We're doing our Easter eggs tonight with Cohen... bunny comes tomorrow morning... which I guess you are already experiencing in MI! Happy Easter ... I love you all!
Beth

LaLa said...

Happy Easter...can't wait to see pics and hear more about your sweet girl!! Glad you are enjoying yourself : )

M. said...

We still don't have our court date (or know if our baby is a boy or girl!), so we still don't know when we'll be there. Can't wait to get there and meet you guys! Hope all goes well in court on Monday. Tell us all about it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how awesome ... you got to be with your little girl today!! The trip sounds like such a fun adventure so far, I'm sure your stomachs have had that crazy feel of anticipation for days now!

Tomorrow, 6pm, we'll cheer for the newest addition to the Howd family!

Speaking of that, we adopted a little girl today! Her name is Ginger. She's a beautiful little black cocker spaniel we got from a shelter in central WI. Didn't know we were going to do this today, but after searching for the "right" one for the past 3 wks on rescue sites, she jumped out as the right one. OMG, I have a puppy ... yikes! Kramer's not diggin it right now.

Love - Sheryl and David

Anonymous said...

Kate & Matt,
hoping by the time this reaches you it's all official. It's 4:44am here in NC (all those 4's have to be lucky). I'm up doing Easter baskets just in case! In a few years this will be you! Love ya'll. I'll make sure to toast you tonight!
Love, Kristen

stollmyheart said...

WOO HOO! I'm dying for details of sweet Esme! Tomorrow...big day!!!

hugs!

McGrath said...

K+M
We are thinking of you nonstop today. I can't wait to see pictures and hear ALL the details.
Love
Laurie-Dennis-Mia-Maz

Anonymous said...

Kate and Matt,
Thank you for letting us follow along on your journey. We also can't stop thinking about you today. Although I already know that she is beautiful, I can't wait to see a photo of the newest Howd! Enjoy every moment of your journey. We'll be toasting you tonight!
Love, Sally, Wayne & Maxerpants

Anonymous said...

We all went to church in LP and just had Easter dinner (which of course is lunch) at Mom and Dads. We're just waiting patiently for 6pm so we can toast to Baby Esme! We are passing the time by watching old home movie of me and you, Kate of when we were little and my wedding. It is our way of being together... it is helping me get through this being here and not there with you. I hope I am not sounding like a blog stalker by posting twice on one entry... just so excited and antsy I can hardly stand it. I love you guys so much! We are thinking of you every second! Beth

Angel said...

I believe it's now official - you are the proud parents of a baby girl! Congratulations! We are all so eager to hear how things are going - I can't imagine what you guys are experiencing right now. Those first couple days with a baby are a bit of a blur!

Anonymous said...

Hello!! I have checked this blog SO much today. The internet on my phone has come in very handy since we were traveling home from LP! I am just waiting for the blog saying everything is "official" and see some pictures of the precious little girl!! I'm so excited for you. p.s. I added the blog to my parent's favorites today! Take care....hoping you post soon!! Hugs, Debbie P

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!

I've been checking in each day. I am so happy that everything is going well and that Esme is NOW an official Howd. She is a BEAUTY! Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Rhonda Martin