Thursday, April 23, 2009

esme gets the shots, mommy feels the pain



we went to the hospital to get esme's second round of immunizations. they included 2 oral and 3 injections, one in each leg and a third in her little arm. it was not fun for any of us. thursday mornings are baby walk-in appointments. There were about 20 moms, 25 kids and 1 dad (me). apparently men do not go to doctor appts, with their children, if they did they would be seen as controlled by their women. kate and i have a more balanced relationship : )
-M

2 comments:

Auntie Beth said...

Kate, that is exactly the reaction I thought you would have. I couldn't explain to you what it is truly like (kind of like labor until you actually do it or see it live) Isn't it just so awful. I dreaded shots days and often times why I would reschedule them three times before I would finally go do it. Do you remember when I had to give Cohey all those same shots to Cohen at only 4 pounds with absolutely no fat on him to absorb it. I hope Esme did well afterward and just slept it off and forgot all about it! I love you all!

Anonymous said...

Ouch!! Those suck - for everyone!

Trish